- Odd one out and name the class of the words remain (Chọn ra từ không cùng nhóm với các từ còn lại)
A. a. cow b. bull c. chicken d. sheep
B. a. took b. gave c. read d. called
- Choose the word which the underlined part is pronounce differently from the others. (Chọn từ có phần gạch dưới được phát âm khác với các từ còn lại)
A. a. ca
t b. ha
t c. pa
rt d. a
B. a. fath
er b. th
is c. with
in d. everyth
C. a. u
mbrella b. u
niverse c. u
nder d. u
1. She stilllives there
a. for b.at c. with din
2. He is the
player in his team.
a. most b.best c. better d. more excellent
3. Come in and
me a seat.
a. have b.get c. give d. do
4. Yesterday, he
a lottery ticket.
a. won b.win c. wins d. has won
5. He went to Ho Chi Minh City lastweek, and so
a. am b.do c. does d.did
THE KIWI[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- Reading comprehension (Đọc và trả lời câu hỏi)
The kiwi lives only in New Zealand. It is a very strangebird because it cannot fly. The kiwi is the same size as a chicken. It has nowing or tail. It does not have any feathers like other bird. It has hair on itsbody. Each foot has four toes. Its beak (mouth) is very long.
Akiwi likes a lot of tree around it. It sleeps during the day because thesunlight hurts its eyes. It can smell things with its nose. It is the only birdin the world that can smell things. The kiwi’s eggs are very big.
Thereare only a few kiwis in New Zealand now. People never see them. Thegovernment says that people cannot kill kiwis. New Zealanders want their kiwisto live.
Thereis a picture of a kiwi on New Zealand money. People from New Zealand are sometimes calledkiwis. A. Vocabulary (Điền từ vào chỗ trống, cho tấtcả các levels)
Government Smell During Kiwi
Kill Size Fly Only
Wings Chicken Beak Tail
Strange Hurt Feather Body
a. It sleeps
the day because the sunlight
b. It is a very
bird because it cannot
says that people cannot kill kiwis.
d. It can
things with his nose.
e. It has no
in New Zealand.
g. It does nothave any
like other bird.
is very long.
i. The kiwi isthe same
as a chicken.B. Vocabulary (new contex for level 2)
during picture kiwi only
size smells wings hair
hurts strange tail feather
trees government fly beak
and a few birds cannot fly.
b. A bluebirdhas blue
c. Somestudents have a scholarship from their
d. An airplanecan
because it has
e. What are youcooking? It
f. My leg
. I can’t walk on it.
g. Most catshave a long
h. A person hasa mouth. A bird has a
i. Some studentsare very
. They want to learn English but they don’tcome to class.
j. I cannot buythis shirt. I have
shoes do you wear?
l. Most peoplework
the day and sleep at night. C. Questions(Tất cả các levels)The asterisk (*) means you have to think ofthe answer. You cannot find it in the text.
- Where does the kiwi live?
- Does a kiwi have feathers?
- Does it have a tail and wings?
- How many toes does it have? *
- Why cannot people kill kiwis?
D. Comprehension: True of False (Điền T vàokhoảng trống nếu câu dưới đây đúng với nội dung bài; F nếu không đúng)
- Why does the New Zealand government have a picture of a kiwi on its money? *
- Kiwis live in Australia and New Zealand.
- A kiwi has a tail but no wing.
- A kiwi has a big beak.
- It sleeps during the day because light hurts its eyes.
- You can see a kiwi in the zoo. *
- The New Zealand government does not want all the kiwis to die.
- A kiwi is like most other bird.
- Sentences transformation (for level 3 or high school students):
- Tom is taller than Peter.Ä
- Why don’t we go to cafeteria?Ä
- Sharpay will come to the party tonight.Ä
- Complete the sentences with the words given:
- There / cinema / between / hall / museum.
- wear / in / to / students / the U.S /school / not / the uniform.
- station / on / souvenir / police / shop / is / the /the / the / right / , / opposite
- Complete the sentences, using on, in, at, between, opposite, from … to if possible (for level 2).
- My house is
thebookstore and the school.
- There is a lake
front of the park.
- The bus stop is
- I will be
home all day.
- The supermarket is
- It takes two hours to go
Ho Chi Minh City by bus.
- There are three picture
Activities ones swimming musicals different songs some eachother students join together badminton
- Complete the passage, filling the blank with the words given(Điền các từ cho sẵn vào chỗ trống, dành cho tất cả các levels)
TheVietnamese students take part in
after-school activities. Some
play sports. They often play soccer, tabletennis or
. Sometimes they go swimming in the
pools. Some students like music, drama andmovies. They often practice playing musical
in the school music room. They
in the school theatre group and usuallyrehearse plays.
are members of the stamp collector’s club.They often get
and talk about their stamps. A few
stay at home and play video games or computergames. Most of them enjoy their
after school hours.
- Correct the mistakes (Sửa lỗi sai, cho level2).
- I arrive
at Heathrow airport atten o’clock last night
A B C D
- She could to speak
swhen she was
A B C D
plant is in front
A B C D
- I don’t can go ou
t because Ihave a lot of home work
A B C D
A B C D
Have a nice day!